We are excited to be enabling Bb Student (the mobile app for Connect) for the September 2016 semester. This is Blackboard’s newest app for accessing course content on Connect from your mobile devices. It is developed and supported by Blackboard.
- Download the Bb Student app from the iTunes store, Google Play store, or Windows store by searching for "Bb Student", or follow one of the download links below.
- Launch the app, enter the school's name, then select it.
- Login with your CWL credentials.
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bb-student/id950424861
- Google: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackboard.android.bbstudent
- Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/bb-student/9nblggh08j8w
With Bb Student, you can:
- Post/View/Reply to discussion board threads using the built-in mobile friendly interface 1
- Complete assessments (supports multiple choice, short answer, true/false, essay, either/or) 2
- View course content
- Submit assignments
- View course grades
- Receive mobile notifications including announcements and new content postings
- Participate in virtual classes via Blackboard Ultra where enabled
Please note that functionality and compatibility may be limited at this time until courses are redesigned for mobile compliance. This app does not replace the full course experience on a PC or a Mac computer, and should be used as a supplement only.
1 - Once you are in Bb Student and have selected your course, swipe right to access the mobile friendly discussion board.
2 - Some assessment question types are not supported on the mobile app including Calculated Numeric, Hotspot, File Response, and Fill-in-the-blank. Any assessment with a mix of supported and non-supported question types will launch the full course view from within the app. Note: for graded assessments it is recommended that use the full course version on a PC or Mac to avoid any grading issues.
- Instructors - Contact the Learning Technology Hub: lthub.ubc.ca
- Students - Contact Blackboard: help.blackboardmobile.com
Your feedback will help improve features and functionality with each new release. Like any app that is downloaded from Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store, updated versions of the app with bug fixes will be found in these locations.