Respondus Quiz is an assessment software for quickly creating and managing exams or quizzes that can either be printed and distributed as paper copies or published directly in a Connect course.
Getting started How do I get started?
Respondus Quiz offers several different formats for creating quizzes. Consider which ones are most relevant for your course.
- Multiple Choice
- True or False
- Essay / Short Answer
- Fill in the Blank
- Multiple Answers
- Jumbled Sentence (Select the Blank)
- Either / Or
- File Response
- Opinion Scale
- Quiz Bowl
- Fill in Multiple Blanks
Instructors who have not used Respondus Quiz can download it by:
- Logging into Connect
- Click on the Resources tab
- Within the Software Distribution module, click on "Click here to download software"
Note that the authoring software currently only works on the Windows platform.
Please write down the following when they appear during the download process (you will need this information when installing the software):
- Institution Name: University of British Columbia
- Local Support Contact(s): email@example.com
- Installation Password
Link to Connect
Setup the Connect Server Connection
- In the Start tab, click the drop-down menu beside Current Personality
- Choose Blackboard 7.x-9.x.
- Click the Preview & Publish tab at the top of the window.
- Click Update Settings on the left-hand side menu.
- In Choose Server, click -add new server-.
You can choose to have the server settings pulled automatically or manually.
Pull the pre-configured server settings
- Choose Yes, check for preconfigured server settings.
- Click Next.
- In the 1st section, enter a name that you will remember for this server.
- In the 2nd section, enter your CWL username and login.
- (Optional) Check the box to save your username and password to automatically log on.
- Note: Do not check this box if you are using a shared computer.
- In the 3rd section, choose Run connection test.
- Click Next.
- Once the Server Connection Test is completed, click Next.
- Click Finish.
Enter the server information manually
Enter the server information manually when the automatic process has encountered errors or failed.
- Choose No, I want to enter the server settings manually.
- Click Next.
- In the 1st field, enter https://connect.ubc.ca/webapps/login/login.jsp.
- Login into Connect
- Go into a course where you are an instructor.
- Copy the course URL/web address.
- Paste the course URL/web address in the 2nd field of the Blackboard Server and Course window.
- Click Extract.
- In the Description field, enter your name for the server connection (e.g. My Connect Server).
- In the User name and Password fields, enter your CWL and password.
- (Optional) If you are using your own computer (non-shared), you can check to remember your User name and Password.
- Click OK
What tools can I use with this?
Quizzes made with this software can be embedded into a Connect course.
Detailed instructions for setting up Respondus Quiz with Connect can be found on the Wiki.