Interested in producing media content for educational purposes? Take a look at the funded (free to instructors) services UBC Studios has to offer, including media consultations, DIY (Do-It-Yourself) support, and small-scale productions.
At any point during a project when you feel media content may help in achieving your learning objectives, please feel free to contact UBC Studios for a consultation meeting. UBC Studios staff with backgrounds in both media production and education will be happy to discuss your objectives and guide you through the process of creating media content, including deciding on:
- Grant Proposals – If you are planning to apply for educational or research grants such as TLEF, NSERC, etc. and foresee media creation as part of your proposed project, UBC Studios can help you with your proposal.
- Scope, Production Format, and Budget – Considering your project objectives, UBC studios will help explore different options and determine the scope of your project, recommend a format, and put together a budget.
- DIY vs. Professional – Through media consultation, we can together determine whether you should create your media content yourself, produce it professionally, or use a combination of both.
Email UBC Studios at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a meeting.
DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Media Support
UBC Studios offers different types of studio space and media training for DIY projects.
- Lightboard Studio: In the Lightboard Studio, you use neon markers to create an innovative video presentation using the learning technology called Lightboard.
- One-Button Studio: The One-Button Studio is a simple yet reliable video recording tool that lets you create simple video presentations with the press of a button.
- DIY Studio: UBC faculty and staff may access the general production studio for their educational video productions.
Book your free studio session today by emailing UBC Studios at email@example.com or calling 604.822.9800.
UBC Studios organizes a variety of small media training workshops for faculty and their student helpers that focus on specific media-related topics such as lighting and general filming tips. If your team or your course requires media production training, email UBC Studios at firstname.lastname@example.org for available training workshops or to set up a customized session for your specific needs.
UBC Studios also provides DIY Media Support Sessions every month.
UBC studios offers limited professional media production service for undergraduate credit courses. Email UBC Studios at email@example.com to see if your project is eligible for this fully subsidized service.