Piazza is an online question-and-answer application that instructors can use to encourage written discussions involving students, teaching assistants, and instructors. Piazza supports wiki-like collaboration, post endorsing, anonymous posting, and polling.
Getting started How do I get started?
Piazza is a web application integrated with Connect. Students must create separate Piazza accounts the first time they use the tool in order to comply with BC privacy legislation.
To add a Piazza discussion forum in Connect:
- Log in to your Connect course.
- Access the content area.
- Hover on "Tools", and select "Piazza" from the drop-down menu.
- Under "Tool Information", type in a name and a description.
- Under "Options", choose "Yes" for permitting users to view this content.
- Once you are satisfied with the other options, click "Submit".
- The link to Piazza is now created in the content area. Click the link.
- Click "Submit" again.
- A new window will pop up. Under "Create Your Class on Piazza", enter your estimated enrolment number.
- Once you are satisfied with the other settings, click "Create Class".
- Finally, click "Continue" in the new page that opens.
Now you will have your students:
- Access Piazza through the link you that you have created.
- Enter their email and set a password or—if they already have a Piazza account—enter the email address and password for that account.
- Click "Continue" to launch Piazza.
What tools can I use with this?
Piazza is a web application integrated with Connect. A Connect course shell is required to take advantage of the integration.