Webwork is an online assignment and quiz application for mathematics and science, where students receive instant feedback on answers to problems and instructors can allow for multiple attempts until a student finds the correct solution.
Getting started How do I get started?
Instructors getting started will first log in to Connect to create a Webwork course.
- Access your Connect course.
- In the course menu, create a "Content Area" and name it (i.e. Home Page). If you want students to be able to access Webwork from Connect, ensure you check the "Available to Users" option.
- Go to your Content Area.
- Hover over the "Tools" tab and click "Basic LTI Tool". You will be directed to the "Add link to Basic LTI Tool" screen.
- In the "By Name" tab, click the "Select by name..." drop-down control, select "WeBWork", and click on "Submit" to save the changes.
- You should see a confirmation message in green "Success: Your link has been created".
- Review the configuration settings. (In most cases, changes to the configuration defaults are unnecessary.)
- Click "Submit and Launch".
- Wait for a few seconds. A WeBWorK course should be created and you should be presented with the message:
- WeBWork - Course Import Successful. The course enrollment was successfully imported into WeBWork.
Instructors and students will be able to log in to the course either from Connect (if you have made the Content Area available to users) or from the WeBWork home page at webwork.elearning.ubc.ca.
What tools can I use with this?
Webwork courses are easily set up with existing student enrolment through Connect.
Available support What support is available?
Frequently asked questions FAQ
What are the uses and benefits of Webwork?
Benefits include immediate feedback, individualized problems, and real-time statistics. Please see the Uses and Benefits Wiki page for details.
How do I log into Webwork? How do other users log in?
Once set up, instructors and students will be able to log in to the course either from Connect or from the Webwork home page at webwork.elearning.ubc.ca.
Why are some students missing in my Webwork course?
If the students registered late to the SIS course, it may take 24 hours to sync the enrollment into the Webwork course.
Why don't I see my old Webwork course?
Courses are archived based on term, please visit the Archived Webwork Courses Wiki page for more information.
Why am I having problems logging into Webwork?
Ensure that you are not attempting to access the system during the scheduled maintenance times.
- The daily scheduled maintenance window is 4:00am - 6:00am.
- The weekly scheduled maintenance window is every Saturday 7:00am - 9:00am.
If you have trouble using the system during the maintenance period, please try again later. If your problem is occurring outside the maintenance period, try contacting the Learning Technology Hub for support.
Where can I find more information?
Please visit UBC's Webwork Wiki pages.