Kaltura is a video platform for instructors and students to share video content. Kaltura features include the ability to upload, publish, and search videos, embed video directly in a Connect course (that can be reused across multiple courses), and create shortened clips from existing video content.
Getting started How do I get started?
Please refer to these tutorial videos - they will help introduce the basics.
Instructors and students can use Kaltura from inside a Connect course, anywhere that has a Connect "Content Editor". Using the "Mashups" button in the editor, you can both upload to Kaltura and embed the videos in the course content.
What tools can I use with this?
Kaltura is currently used exclusively inside Connect. It serves as a video storage platform for courses, but it will soon be available to use outside Connect.
Available support What support is available?
Support is provided by the Learning Technology Hub and assisted by community members in the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Media Learning Community and industry experts from UBC Studios. Additional expertise is available during regular DIY help sessions.
Frequently asked questions FAQ
A series of FAQ are available in the UBC Wiki, including:
- General information and activation of Kaltura in Connect
- Uploading, recording and clipping videos (My Media)
- Adding videos to course tools and content (Mashup)
- Sharing videos with the students of a course (Course Gallery)
- Sharing videos with other faculty members (Faculty Repository)
- Deletion dependencies and recovery